blog roll

Thursday, April 14, 2011

eating on a schedule



Do you find it necessary to eat on a schedule? What about living on a schedule?

My schedule has been screwed up all week, and I am a little overwhelmed trying to get it back together. I work a 8 - 5 job, and am usually up at 6:45 a.m. But the other night, I couldn't sleep and stayed up until 3 a.m. This threw me into tumultuous day of eating at weird times.

I'm a morning eater and recovering morning binge eater. There were times in the past where I could consume more than 2,000 calories before 9 a.m. I am really sensitive about my breakfasts. If I don't plan them out the night before (or don't wake up early enough to cook) I usually eat something bad.

So, staying up late the other day meant I was late to work and didn't even walk into my kitchen in the morning.
Instead, I walked to the coffee shop across the street and ordered a sugary coffee drink and a large bagel with cream cheese. This kept me full until about 3 o'clock. Then I ravenously consumed a huge salad, but still didn't feel full. I had an early dinner at 5 p.m. I went out for drinks at 10 p.m. At the bar I was starving, so I caved and ordered fried mushrooms.

Since I stayed out late last night, I started the whole cycle of unhealthy eating again this morning with a sugary coffee drink and a cookie.

these things happen....
but they need to happen less. 
The good news is, I've tracked all of this.

Scheduled eating is very important to me, because I'm still working out some food issues. Many food programs, including Weight Watchers, remind you to never let yourself get hungry. Twice yesterday I was starving.

Here's what it looks like:

Here's what my normal day looks like:

my plan of action to get back on an appropriate eating schedule
- make some time in the evening to think about what you're going to do the next day
- go to bed early

Do you have an eating schedule? Or do you have any tips for getting back on schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment