blog roll

Sunday, April 10, 2011

about my health holiday

So, I've spent all week practically binging on whatever I could get my hands on. It's been two weeks since I've been to a Weight Watchers meeting and I'm terrified to go back tomorrow.

Hi. My name is Heidi. I've started this blog because I'm sick of just reading weight loss blogs. I want to be part of the dialogue. I want to track my progress, my set backs, and my success. I hope to share my experiences with others and learn from their advice. Hopefully, this blog will hold me accountable. A lot of the time, I feel like I cannot share my food and body image issues with the people who are closest to me. Does anyone else feel this way?

Here is some information about me:

 I recently started Weight Watchers for the third time in my life. I successfully lost 40 pounds on my first attempt. I eventually gained it all back and about a year after being off of the program, I returned for a brief re-try, but I quit in about a month. It's been more than three years since I've been in weight watchers. This time I hope to lose the weight and keep it off.

I am 24 years old. 5 feet 2 inches tall. I'm also 70 pounds over my recommended healthy weight. I don't believe I have ever weighted 135 pounds, or ever will, but it's a nice thought. I'd be very happy to weight 145 pounds.

I like exercising. It's never a chore for me. But I often have a hard time finding the motivation to go.

I have a severe binge eating problem usually brought on by the slightest level of stress.

I am a vegetarian. You'll only find vegetarian recipes on this blog.

For now, I will be focusing my weight loss on Weight Watcher's program. However, I hope to figure out how to eat mindfully without the help of a program or diet. Regardless, I'm done sitting around reading about other people's weight loss success. I'm ready to engage in my own.

1 comment:

  1. welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! it's a great {supportive, even!} community.

    i find that when the focus is more on eating lots of really good food, and less on cutting out the bad, that it becomes a fun process. and less about dieting and restricting.

    good luck with your journey. congrats to you for having the strength to share your journey.

    ReplyDelete