blog roll

Thursday, May 5, 2011

52 Days of Summer Challenge


Hey, guess what! I like exercising! Seriously. I can't believe it. I would have never thought.
I've been exercising since August and it turns out, I really like it.
When I don't exercise, I'm cranky.
When I'm sitting at my desk at work, I feel antsy. I should be walking or jogging or skipping.
I used to dread it and only did it because I knew it was the healthy thing to do. But something changed and now I mourn the days spent sitting in front of my tv or computer screen.



Also, I'm participating in Dancing Through Life's 52 Days until Summer Competition.


Week one challenge:
Why the heck are you doing this?
  • Because I am young, and I should be in the healthiest shape of my life
  • Because I want to feel strong and improve my running
  • Because I am at the biggest pant size they make in regular stores, the next step is plus-size stores which are hard to find, expensive, and don't fit in length
  • Because I have a crazy fear that I will one day develop diabetes
  • Because I want to feel confident when I leave the house
  • Because I want to be in control of my life
How are you going to make it happen?
  • Track my food. Every day. Even if I'm ashamed of how I ate.
  • Work on breaking my sugar addiction.
  • Stop skipping yoga classes I plan on attending
  • Spend more time on planning out my day, so to be better prepared for meals, workouts, etc.
Those are just a few of my reasons and plans of action. I hope to be able make them into more specific goals.
Part Two of the challenge is to get moving. But I'm one step ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment